Spartanburg family law attorneys Ben Stevens, Jenny Stevens, and Jonathan Lounsberry are speaking at the 2015 edition of the South Carolina Bar's Family Law Essentials continuing legal education seminar in Columbia on Friday, June 26th. The faculty for this CLE features experienced family law attorneys from all across South Carolina.
In addition to being the course planner and moderator, Ben Stevens will present on “Developing Your Family Law Practice” to address the following topics: streamlining your workflow and document management; technology (including case management software); marketing (including social media); and helpful Resources for family law attorneys.
Jenny Stevens will discuss the role of the Guardian ad Litem in Family Court litigation, including: who is a Guardian ad Litem & what do they do; effectively working with the GAL; the Guardian ad Litem's Investigation; and the Guardian's Job at Trial. Jonathan Lounsberry will give presentations on two different topics: Contempt Actions and Proper Filing and Service.
Last year was the first year this seminar was presented, and numerous tweaks have been made to make this year's version even better. The following are actual comments from a few of last year's attendees:
- “Materials are incredible! Very grateful that course was made available to ‘experienced' lawyers.”
- “The forms help young solos really see the nuts and bolts stuff.”
- “Provided basic knowledge without assuming audience knew basics. Much better than Bridge the Gap.”
- “Well-structured and helpful topics.”
- “The materials are a gold mine.”
To find out more about this seminar or to register, click here.