South Carolina family law attorney Ben Stevens gave a presentation last month in Panama City, Panama at the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Mid-Year Meeting. Ben presented “Practical (and Understandable) Ways to Protect Yourself and Your Client from 21st Century Headaches” with nationally renowned family law and technology experts Kenneth G. Raggio, Susan Saper Galamba, and Todd M. Frankfort.
This presentation covered several important topics, including:
- Red flags to look for in social media and how they can affect your case
- Why it's important for all family law attorneys to understand ESI (Electronically Stored Information)
- How to audit your client's email and social media habits
- Ways to mine for and collect electronic information
- How to request electronic information in discovery
- Ways to authenticate and use electronic data at trial
Ben currently serves on numerous committees in AAML, including Technology (Vice Chair), Webinars (Chair), Law Office Management (Vice Chair), Technology Coordination Committee (Co-Chair), Website, and Continuing Legal Education.