From Upstate Parent magazine / GreenvilleOnline.com:
Ben Stevens is a 39-year-old native of Orangeburg who is a family law attorney in Spartanburg. He's also a legal blogger atwww.SCFamilyLaw.com as well as www.TheMacLawyer.com. He and his family live in Spartanburg.
1. Surf or turf?
A good steak is second only to good seafood.
2. What's your favorite childhood memory?
Playing baseball with my friends in the playground directly behind my house.
3. What's your favorite dinner?
I enjoy shaking things up by having breakfast for dinner from time to time — bacon, eggs and cheese grits.
4. What's your favorite way to relax?
Writing for my blogs and watching movies.
5. What is your favorite TV show?
6. When you were younger, what did you want to be?
7. What's your favorite restaurant?
8. What are your talents and hobbies?
The ability to communicate and motivate others, which I use in coaching youth baseball and basketball.
9. What is something important life has taught you?
Sometimes the best things happen to you when you least expect them.
10. What do you wish you could do?
Have about three more hours every day to be able to do all the things that I don't have time to do now.
11. What would surprise people about you?
I'm still a rabid Clemson fan, even after attending USC School of Law.
12. What do you have on your nightstand?
My iPhone and a book about effective communication skills.
13. What do you wish you could share from your childhood with your children?
The self-reliance that I learned while being raised by a single parent.
14. What is your favorite indulgence?
Sneaking off to play a quiet round of golf, though that doesn't happen nearly often enough.
15. What's the best book you've read lately?
16. What was your first job?
My first real job was working at a feed-and-seed store, where my duties included shoveling chicken poop.
17. Whom do you most admire?
Rather than any one person, I admire different aspects of several people: my grandfather's common sense and wisdom and my father's insight and ability to see the next move.
18. What celebrity have you met, and how cool was it?
I worked security at a concert by The Smithereens back when I was at Clemson, and they were not only cool guys, they were very down to earth.
Source: “Questions with Ben Stevens” published at GreenvilleOnline.com.