International Family Law
Senior Partner J. Benjamin Stevens handles the international family law issues in our practice.
In addition to handling divorce, child custody, and other complex family law matters throughout South Carolina, Mr. Stevens also handles matters related to international family law issues.
When necessary, our firm firm partners with foreign lawyers who are local to the countries in which we work. This ensures that things run smoothly, which can therefore help provide an advantage, both in the United States and abroad.
When a family law matter crosses international boundaries, it is critical to work with experienced attorneys who are well equipped to handle all aspects of local/national and international family law. Your attorney must know how different legal processes work – like serving court documents or filing motions – in different countries.
From Germany to Canada, France to Mexico, Australia and beyond, our dedicated team of legal professionals is able to provide legal help on family matters that involve international laws and procedures, including:
- Child custody under the Hague Convention
- Child custody in non-Hague Convention Countries
- Requests for relocating internationally with children
- Requests for traveling abroad with children
- International child support enforcement
- Division of property across multiple countries
- Enforcement of alimony and child support orders
- Creation of international prenuptial agreements
We strive to efficiently handle our clients' international family law disputes in the matter that best fits their needs, both now and in the future.
Contact The Stevens Law Group today or call us at (864) 598-9172 to schedule an appointment with one of our attorneys to discuss your situation, find out what your options are, and learn how to protect yourself and your interests.